History

Qhs History

qhs_image_2

Quebec High School came into being when Commissioners’ High School, a co-educational high school under the jurisdiction of the Protestant Board of Commissioners of Quebec City, and the High School of Quebec, a private high school for boys, were amalgamated in 1941. The following is a brief outline of this history:

  • 1769 John Fraser opens first English language school in Quebec City
  • 1804 High School of Quebec established
  • 1875 Girls’ High School founded
  • 1918 Commissionersí High School named
  • 1941 Quebec High School opened – addition of Webster Auditorium and Pollack Hall

1769: John Fraser opens first english

language school in Quebec City.

 

1941: Quebec High School opened

addition of Webster Auditorium and Pollack Hall.